Stromsland and De Young, Architects, Inc. was organized by John Semitekol and Robert Larson in 1955. Mr. Stromsland joined the firm in 1963 and became a partner in 1967 with the formation of Semitekol, Larson and Stromsland, Inc. In 1977, Mr. Stromsland became the sole owner with Mr. De Young joining the firm in 1979, creating the name Stromsland and De Young, Architects, Inc. In 2010, Mr. Prybys, who has been working with the office since 1989, became the President and owner of the firm. In mid 2014 the decision was made to change the name to Stromsland, De Young, Prybys Architecture Group, Inc. The firm will continue into the future providing the same quality and philosophy We have provided continuous architectural service to municipal, institutional, and commercial clients in the Chicagoland area for over 59 years.
A principal of our firm is always the project manager, from the initial interview until the last construction visit. For specialized areas of design we have worked consistently with a consulting firm for criminal justice planning & design, mechanical & electrical engineering design and site planning, landscape & civil engineering design. Through a shared philosophy of service, they have assisted us in providing comfortable and efficient environments for the buildings we design.